Before you start searching for a wedding venue it is advisable to take the
following points into consideration.
• What type of venue do you prefer? e.g. hotel, banqueting hall, marquee.
• The number of people you are expecting to invite.
• The budget allocated for venue hire.
• When you would like to hold your wedding. Have a few dates in mind in
case the first option is not available.
• Is the venue available on your proposed wedding date and time?
• Are there any other functions taking place before or after your wedding?
• Can the venue comfortably accommodate the number of guests you are expecting?
• Does the venue have disabled access?
• Does the venue have air conditioning?
• Are there any changing room facilities/storage rooms available?
• What are the car/coach parking arrangements?
• Do they have adequate coat hanging and toilet facilities?
• Is the venue licensed for civil ceremonies?
• Does the venue provide cake tables/gift tables and easels for the seating
• Do you have a Public Address system that can be used for speeches /
• What is the venue's interior décor like?
• Are there any refurbishment plans from now until your actual wedding
• Can the interior match with any specific colour themes that you may
Food & Beverage
• Do they have an in-house caterer or can your bring your own?
• Will they allow you to bring your own alcohol or will they provide it?
• Is there any corkage if you bring your own beverages?
• Does the venue have overnight accommodation facilities on-site or nearby
for you or your guests?
• If the venue is a hotel, is it possible to reserve a block of rooms
at a discounted rate?
• What are the limitations on what decor you can have?
• What is the time limit regarding the playing of music and serving of
• Is there a charge if extra function hours are required?
Payment & Confirmations
• Will the venue sending confirmations of all the arrangements and exactly
what is included?
• What are the refund and cancellation policies?
• What are the payment policies?
• Who will be the contact person for the venue on the day?