Your wedding is the most important day of your life, so donít leave anything to chance.
So, everything is planned, right down to the last detail. The ceremony is arranged. The photographer knows where and when to report and has a list of the shots that you want. The wedding cars are booked. The reception venue knows what time to expect you and what time you plan your wedding breakfast. Your guests have been invited and the weather forecast is superb. Everything is in place; nothing can go wrong, or can it?
Can you leave anything to chance on such an important day?
Your Toastmaster will be your event organiser on the day. He will ensure that everything goes according to plan and that your day is exactly as you want it to be.
Your Toastmaster will:
- Welcome you to the reception venue.
- Assist your photographer by calling together particular groups of guests.
- Ensure that you have drinks during the taking of photographs,(though out of sight of the camera!).
- Advise chef if the photographs are taking longer than expected, so that your meal doesnít spoil.
- Arrange your receiving line.
- Announce your guests.
- Announce you (and your respective parents, if you wish) into the wedding breakfast.
- Advise your guests what to do with the guest book, cameras on tables etc.
- Announce the traditional cutting of the wedding cake.
- Announce the speeches, in the correct order.
- Assist you in the handing out of gifts to the bridesmaids, ushers, best man etc.
- Announce the arrangements for the preparation of the room, prior to dancing.
- Introduce your first dance together as husband and wife.
- Hand over "the party" to your disco/band and then take their leave of you.
Your Toastmaster will make your day totally effortless: make your day that "extra bit special" by looking after you and making sure that everything runs according to your plan. This will all be done at a price often much less than the cost of your Wedding Cake.
Your Toastmaster should be a Member of the National Association of Toastmasters, or a similar Professional body, so that you can be assured that he has been trained to the highest professional standard.
He will make your day that extra bit special, ensure that your day is perfect in every way as well as adding a dash of "extra" colour to your photographs......
This article was kindly contributed by Richard Heywood MNAT